Jodhpur, The Blue City
Based in Rajasthan, India, Jodhpur is a famous tourist destination. The second largest city in the Rajasthan is popular with the different names” Gateway to Thar”, “Sun City” and “Blue City”. Jodhpur was founded by the Rathore Clan Chief, Rao Jodha in 1459 AD. A huge number of forts, palaces, havelis, and temples are found in the city.
The city is famous for handicrafts industry, spices, fabrics, and of course the rich tradition and culture. Marwari or Malani are the rare breed of horses which is only found in Jodhpur.
- World famous Marwar Festival has been organized every year between September and October. In this festival, tourists can enjoy authentic folk music and get to know about the lifestyle and culture of Rajasthan’s rulers. Additionally
- , Jodhpur is also a famous organizer of Gangaur, Nag Panchami Fair, World Sacred Spirit Festival, Rajasthan International Folk Festival (RIFF), etc.
- Mehrangarh Fort Khejarla Fort, Moti Mahal, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Sheesh Mahal are the few popular tourist destination. These forts and palaces are the glorious piece of architecture.
- To see the collection of local artworks, miniature paintings, Jain Tirthankaras images, portraits of rulers, etc, tourists can visit Jodhpur Government Museum.
- The beauty of the city is increased by the Sardar Samand Lake and Palace, Balsamand Lake, Masuria Hills and Kailana Lake.
- Mahamandir, Chamunda Mataji and Somnath Temple of Jodhpur are amongst most visited worship places in India.
The city is bounded by a wall with several gates. Tourists can enjoy variety of Rajsthani dishes in their trip. From Pyaaj Ki Kachori, Makhaniya Lassi, Aate Ka Halwa, Dal Bati Churma to Ras Malai and Motichur Ke Laddu, every kind of Indian cuisine is available at the food corners of the city.
Jodhpur railway station is well-connected with the railways of other Indian cities. If your budget is high and you want to experience the royalty of Rajasthan, try the services of Luxury train including Palace on Wheels, Maharaja Express and Royal Rajasthan on Wheels.
Jodhpur Travel Information
Tour Packages Includes Jodhpur
Most Selling Tours of Rajasthan
Places to Visit in Jodhpur